Solution Architect - E-Commerce & Catalog
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Lead architecture initiatives from inception to completion.
- Ensure Solution feasibility and standards alignment (such as data platform and data science)
- Architectural analysis on solution options, risks, and mitigations
- Identify new technologies, products and define PoC criterion, drive PoC execution with the aim of inducting them in to GAP IT standards
- Design, engineer and oversee 12factor applications/products that give best customer experience
- Collaborate with Lead Architect, subject matter experts - PDMs, Infosec & Product engineering teams in defining roadmap for Pricing & Promotions + Order management platforms.
- Build and Adopt reusable architecture assets, such as frameworks, APIs (interfaces, services) to improve enterprise efficiency
- Mentor engineering teams and collaborate as one team and act as an interface between stakeholders and product development team.
- Commendable experience in building massively scalable applications.
- Proficient in architectural styles or patterns & design patterns.
- Experience with architectural trade-off analysis to drive decisions, architecture governance & IT standards management.
- Proficiency in design and architecture implementation of cloud-based solution (Azure and/or OCI) - Cloud migration, native and hybrid & multi Cloud Solutions, monitoring KPIs, best practices, and recommendations
- Experience in defining and ensuring resiliency, observability, supportability, Secured & Performance Solutions for complex applications on Hybrid Cloud Environments with clear trade-off analysis. (Azure & OCI, Azure & On-prem)
- Experience with one or multiple components of the e-commerce site technology stack - UI/UX, bag, checkout, order services, content management system integration, publishing, marketplace integration etc.
- Knowledge of modern enterprise integration patterns (e.g. Publish/Subscribe, API-first, microservices)
- Experience in Building Cloud Native Microservices by applying 12-factor App principals
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS & SaaS-based setup and integrations.
- Experience with API governance and management tools
- Knowledge of the initiatives under the cloud-native foundation.
- Hands-on, technical experience with data and digital analytics
- Prior experience implementing 3rd party & custom site solutions that include mobile apps, digital payments, digital asset management and personalization etc. solutions in an eCommerce/B2C company is highly desirable
- Experience with Java, SQL, NodeJS, ReactJS, SpringBoot, PCF, Kafka, Spring Boot
- Strong experience in site debugging, monitoring and suggesting solutions to improve the performance of the e-commerce platform
- Experience with DevOps tool set - to promote DevOps culture and improve automation levels.
- Define & implement end-to-end test strategy.
- Supporting products teams in high severity defect resolutions & disseminate knowledge/learnings across the teams
- Be able to suggest improvement areas in technology perspective, add them to sprintelease backlogs & prioritize them for implementation
- Preferred bachelors degree or B.Tech /MCA or equivalent Degree
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top