Software Engineer II - UI Developer
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and reusability
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to design, develop and maintain business solutions
Performing requirement analyses
- Develop high-quality and detailed designs
Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning
- Responsible for Story preparation, development of code, writing automated unit and integration test, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of code
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing feedback
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality
- Perform code reviews and suggest coding practices to team
- Mentor and Guide team on tech and soft skill
- Measure and Monitor delivery and performance of team
- Flow agile best practices and help team deliver on time
- Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps
- Flexible to be available on call as per business needs
Who you are
- String hands-on development experience on Angular / ReactJS , Nodejs
- Experience in creating UI layouts / themes
- Total professional experience of 8 to 10 years in Software Engineering
- Minimum relevant experience of 7 years (recent)
- Minimum 1 years of experience working as People Manager/Lead
- Strong knowledge in packaging / deploy UI applications into cloud
- Strong experience in UI profiling tools and debugging
- Strong experience UI design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of Continuous integration tools like Jenkins/Chef
- Strong working knowledge of Code Quality tools/frameworks like Sonar
- Strong knowledge of Automated Testing. Unit Testing, Integration Testing & Contract Testing.
- Good knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Working Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring tools like Nagios, New Relic etc
- Strong Working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with Azure Cloud
- On-call support experience with PagerDuty, Service Now
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring tools like Nagios, New Relic
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Experience working with Lean and Extreme Programming (XP)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top