Software Engineer I - WMS C/C++ Developer
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Part of a Dev-Ops Product team responsible for development and provide support for all applications and facilities.
- Analyze, enhance, develop and maintain the code used to support logistics systems
- Troubleshooting high severity and high impacting production issues.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues in development, test, and production.
- Supports multiple retail Distribution Centers in the use of their specific applications and MHE systems, for retail stores.
- Maintain and documents critical system parameters for the various WMS, WCS, WES, MHE systems.
- Maintain and proposes system configuration changes for the WMS, WCS, WES, material handling systems.
- Maintains and improves monitoring capabilities over our systems.
- Ensures that quality is designed into the solution from requirements thru deployment.
- Understands IT methods and applies them to complex problems/projects
- Provides input on long-term requirements for the various logistic systems used within our fulfillment & distribution centers and supply chain systems.
- Manages requirements throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. With an operational mindset. Ensures a Dev/ops model in all project deployments engagements.
- Analyzes business requirements and processes and transform them into technical requirements.
- Analyze business requirements and technical platforms and design creative solutions that maximize business functionality and minimize IT complexity and development overhead.
- Research and analyze technical solutions in partnership with distribution and other vendors and internal IT teams.
- Requires strength in articulating technical issues to diverse audiences, both internally and externally in technical and business terms; negotiating and influencing others to build consensus and collaborating with team members to reach solutions.
Who you are
- 6-8 years of experience in Software development/delivery and maintenance.
- Software development experience required using "C" or "C++" or "Pro*C", Linux , SHELL/PERL Scripting and PL/SQL
- Knowledge on GITHub and JIRA is preferable.
- Knowledge on IBM MQ, Jenkins and Basic JAVA programming is a plus
- Strong development and production support experience. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and teamwork skills to address complex problems and to develop creative and practical recommendations.
- Business knowledge of Logistics and Fulfillment and Distribution Center operations and processes is a plus.
- Demonstrate written and verbal ability to communicate effectively with IT professionals and business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with many technologies.
- Must be a strong team player with a demonstrated ability to focus on and drive toward team's goals while navigating through sometimes competing agendas.
- BE/B Tech in CS, MCA or equivalent.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top