Software Engineer I- WMOS
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Part of a Dev-Ops team responsible for the development and provide support for all applications and facilities.
Analyze, enhance, develop and maintain the code used to support logistics systems
Assist and lead troubleshooting high severity and high impacting production issues.
Assist with troubleshooting issues in development, test, and production.
Supports multiple retail Distribution Centers in the use of their specific applications and MHE systems, for retail stores.
Maintain and documents critical system parameters for the various WMS, WCS, WES, MHE systems.
Maintain and proposes system configuration changes for the WMS, WCS, WES, material handling systems.
Maintains and improves monitoring capabilities over our systems.
Ensures that quality is designed into the solution from requirements thru deployment.
Understands IT methods and applies them to complex problems/projects
Provides input on long-term requirements for the various logistic systems used within our fulfillment & distribution centers and supply chain systems.
Manages requirements throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. With an operational mindset. Ensures a Dev/ops model in all project deployments engagements.
Analyzes business requirements and processes and transform them into technical requirements.
Analyze business requirements and technical platforms and design creative solutions that maximize business functionality and minimize IT complexity and development overhead.
Research and analyze technical solutions in partnership with distribution and other vendors and internal IT teams.
Requires strength in articulating technical issues to diverse audiences, both internally and externally in technical and business terms; negotiating and influencing others to build consensus and collaborating with team members to reach solutions.
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS/LM).
- Troubleshoot cross-functional technical issues with internal and external applications
- Java and SQL development experience is required
- Provide analysis and recommendations on overall system health.
- Experience in Manhattan WMOS/LM is a plus.
- Experience with MHE (Material Handling Equipment) is a plus
- Supply chain experience is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential
- Exceptional trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills, with a focus towards root cause analysis and long-term resolution
- Strong team player who works collaboratively with all members of the IT organization
- Must be assertive self-starter with a "can do" attitude
- Working experience in Java, OOPs
- Working experience on Linux operating system is a plus.
- Code Version Control GitHub is a plus
- Java Build Tools Gradle is a plus
- Having working experience / knowledge of CPP is a plus.
- Analyzing skills of AWR, ASH, NMON reports is a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top