Software Engineer I - SQL Reporting
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Works on enhancement requests from Product Managers. Partners with external service providers to complete this work as appropriate.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Understands business processes implications underlying critical applications and systems.
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures.
- Ability to break down product management stories into detailed design specifications for simple complexity business problems.
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve mistakes throughout
- Follows and guides team members in Agile/XP development best practices: pair programming, test driven development.
- Accurately analyze and collect data for various types of business reports
- Create business reports that provide insight into key data points
Who you are
5 - 7 years of experience with Reporting/Cubes/Bigdata in software industry
- Technical expertise Advanced SQL and Data modeling.
- Technical expertise in SQL server/Azure SQL database/Synapse analytics
- Familiarity with Azure analysis services/ SQL server analysis services.
- Technical expertise in Power BI.
- Exposure to CI/CD tools like Jenkins, JIRA
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and tools like
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodology like Scrum.
- Exposure to Cloud based apps like Azure.
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Basic knowledge of Kafka, Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ
- Any Experience in Microservices.
- Basic knowledge of Hive (Hadoop) and Spark (Python/Scala)
- Exposure to design patterns
- Exposure to code quality measures
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, etc
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top