Software Engineer I - Order and Management System
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Works on enhancement requests from Product Managers. Partners with external service providers to complete this work as appropriate
- Works with the team on the technical aspects of customer requirements
- Understands business processes implications underlying critical applications and systems
- Partners with Senior Software Engineers with assessments of the current application
- Guides team members in technical requirements analysis and in converting functional requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to break down product management stories into detailed design specifications for simple complex business problems
- Develops software and analyzesesolves problems of simple to complex business scenarios within a project framework
- Follows and guides team members in Agile/XP development best practices: pair programming, test-driven development
- Uses software code management tools and processes to ensure code traceability and good governance
- Develops test plans & follow strategies for small complexity business problems
Who you are
- 5 - 7 years of experience with Java in the software industry
- Thorough working knowledge of OOPs concepts (Data Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism)
- Proficient working knowledge of Java - Collections, String handling, Multi-threading, Exception handling, Generics and Synchronization
- Expert knowledge of frameworks like Spring or Struts (MVC, Core, JDBC, ORM, AOP)
- Expert knowledge of TDD and Unit testing frameworks like Junit and Mockito
- Thorough working knowledge of data structures and their application
- Familiarity with SQL and Joins. Able to develop queries against a database and incorporate such queries into a script for manual data extraction
- Working knowledge of java script and DOM concepts
- Proficient working knowledge of Web Services (SOAP & REST).
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and tools like Jenkins and Sonar
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodology like Scrum
- Experience in communicating with business.
- Exposure to CI/CD tools like Jenkins, JIRA
- Exposure to design patterns
- Exposure to code quality measures
- Exposure to external caching tools like Memcache, Redis
- Exposure to Cloud based apps like Azure and PCF
- Exposure towards integration patterns (RabbitMQ)
Education: Preferred B.Tech or any equivalent degree
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top