Software Engineer I -Azure Analytics development & Power BI Reporting
- Hyderabad, India
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
- Work with business teams and technical analysts to understand business requirements. Determine how to leverage technology to create reporting solutions that satisfy those business requirements.
- Present solutions to the business, project teams, and other stakeholders - with the ability to efficiently speak in technical and non-technical language.
- Analyze IT operational data (plan-build-run, resources, projects, device availability, development progress) for trends and performance indicators.
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, end customer teams to ensure proper reporting requirements are met.
- Mentor and train users, from executives all the way to end analysts, on the effective usage and purpose of centrally managed reporting.
- Identify and suggest training opportunities for an immediate workgroup to help promote bench strength.
Requirements - Azure Development
- Data integration across On-prem and cloud, and experience with Data warehousing systems within Microsoft Azure, including Blob Storage, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Data Factory
- Extensive experience using SQL Server, MySQL, or Azure SQL DB, with working knowledge of SQL language
- Building integration frameworks (Restful services, Self-service BI and Analytics)
- Ability to work effectively across multiple internal teams with different roles (Infrastructure, Networking, etc)
Requirements - Power BI Report Development
- Visual or Advanced Development of Power BI/Power Query Data Models
- Extensive experience producing and publishing Power BI data sets, reports, and dashboards, including working knowledge of DAX language
- Introductory knowledge of Power BI licensing and Apps
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Who you are
- Overall 5-7 years of analytics experience in ETL and Business Reporting.
- Strong experience in building reporting on one of the leading tools - Tableau, Power BI, Qlik(view/sense)
- Experience in setting up framework driven ETL process to ingest data from multiple source systems.
- Preferred Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- One of the most competitive paid time off plans in the industry
- Merchandise discount for our brand products at franchise stores and their websites
- Comprehensive health coverage for employees, same-sex partners and their families
- Health and wellness program: free annual health check-ups, fitness center and Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive benefits to support the journey of parenthood
- Retirement planning assistance
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top