Software Engineer, Global Supply Chain Engineering
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
As a Software Engineer within the Global Supply Chain Engineering organization, you will be working on distribution center (DC) material handling equipment (MHE) project deliveries as they pertain to software solutions.
- Responsible for MHE Vendor engagement for project delivery including timelines, budget, resourcing, and delivery quality of the software solution
- Partner with Architects, Product Managers, Infrastructure Team to define both functional and technical requirements of the MHE Vendor software solution
- Perform and facilitate testing phases for software delivered by each MHE vendor
- Ensuring operational MHE Vendors SLA's are met and partnering with vendors for continuous improvement. Drive root cause analysis for production issues
- 3-5 years' experience working with distribution center MHE vendors for project implementations and support
- Worked in agile environments, collaborating with PDMs, architects, leads and managers as stakeholders in a global team setting across time zones
- A DevOps mindset and passion in continuously improving organizational practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate up and down the organizational layers
- 5-8 years of experience in application development / delivery
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related technical field
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top