Software Engineer, Global Supply Chain Engineering
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the Product End-to-End (PETE) Team that create, enhance and support a client application that provides ability for Merchants and Planners to plan for products to be sold in stores across the globe. We aim to provide analytics-driven capabilities to our business partners to enable faster and better planning with multi brand support. As core development team, we will be responsible for collaborating with business partners to design, build and support the business in the PETE Planning application.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design, build, maintaining an efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address issues
- Help improve and maintain code quality
- Collaborate with business representatives to understand requirements, groom stories and help prioritization
- Mentor and guide team members in developing new skills
- Deploy and support the application under DevOps model
- 5+ years of experience with strong knowledge of .NET framework, proficient in C#, familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework (WPF)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming with skill for writing reusable libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns, understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests, proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- A DevOps mindset and passion in continuously improving organizational practices; experienced in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate up and down the organizational layers
- Strong analytical mind and a proven ability to work with limited direction
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in building application from scratch involving in all phases of software development
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top