Social Media Community Manager – CONTRACT ROLE
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She. Location: This role will be based out of 1 Harrison Street in San Francisco.
Hours: This role will be 40 hours per week, for one year.
The Social Media Community Manager is an entry-level role that plays a key part on Athleta's social media team. Your primarily responsibility will involve executing tasks associated with the posting of social media content and engaging with our social media communities, across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Monitor, listen to, and engage with Athleta's social audience across several platforms while keeping in line with the organization's community management standards. This includes responding to and "liking" comments, posts and branded hashtags content across social channels.
- Monitoring private/direct messages across social channels and working with our customer service team to respond to consumers comments and questions. This requires checking in on weekends to respond to anything urgent.
- Proactively find engagement opportunities with influencers and bloggers in the women's athletic and fashion/retail social media space
- Provide assistance in coordinating and administering product fulfillment for contests and influencer programs, interacting with winners/influencers as needed.
- A constant pulse on the what's new in the social landscape, including monitoring what our competitors are doing, along with new platform innovations.
- Use social media management and analytics tools to uncover insights, statistics, and trends.
- Provide weekly community engagement reporting updates
- 2 way proactive conversations with followers in a social media friendly voice, as well as respond to questions, with speed and sound judgment.
- Understanding of how to create a social media-friendly voice and channel the brand sentiment to build authentic, relevant, interactive consumer conversations and relationships.
- Assist Social Media Manager with day-to-day implementation of social media strategies and tools across all social media channels in support of marketing and PR objectives.
- Assemble and distribute product mailers and shop cards for influencers
- Source UGC daily and distribute across all relevant channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Assist with photo shoots and create original content for all social media platforms.
- Demonstrate a 24/7 approach to responsibilities
- Leverage measurement and listening tools to track content success, provide progress reports, and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Actively monitor and respond to inbound from the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox
Social Calendar & Content Publishing
- Schedule/post all content in sync with the approved calendar and according to channel goals and best practices for high engagement; check to assure it goes out as planned, including weekends, while nimbly adjusting to unknowns and scheduling changes.
- Work with Social Media Manager and Graphic Designer to draft/edit copy and/or images as needed to for the various social channels.
- Interest in developing live social content, including Instagram and Facebook stories.
- Support planning and execution of social media programs and campaigns as needed.
- Contribute to Athleta's monthly social content calendar by partici pating in brainstorms, to generat e new ideas that would appeal to our audiences.
- Manage our photo library, including sourcing UGC (user-generated content) from across our social channels, cropping/editing using Photoshop as needed.
What you have:
- You must love Athleta - full stop. As the voice of our brand across our social channels, you must use excellent judgment when engaging with followers, and have a great instinct for what makes content travel on social media.
- Degree (marketing or communications preferred) with a strong academic record.
- Interest/Experience in managing social media communities (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter) and Blog (Wordpress).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms. This includes knowing what type of content works best on what platform, optimizing content accordingly, as well as understanding the different nuances of each platform.
- A strong interest in fitness, wellness and fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills with attention to detail
- Effective time and project management skills
- Creative thinker with an innate visual aesthetic
- Hands-on knowledge of digital media tools - Digital photography, basic Photoshop/photo editing skills, knowledge of apps commonly used for creating social content; basic video creation/editing skills are a bonus
- Proficient with Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and project management tools; adept at learning new tools and technologies
- Thrives on working in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism
- An understanding that social media never sleeps: you may occasionally be working after work hours, particularly in crisis situations
NOTE: This is a contractor budgeted position, internal employees are not eligible to apply
Back to top