Senior Writer & Editor, Social Media
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
The Senior Social Editor is part of the Old Navy Marketing department, within the editorial team. This role is responsible for creating copy for organic social posts across all Old Navy social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Tiktok), and for paid social content across content types (Instant Experiences, carousels, trend pins, beta ad products, etc.). This role is also tasked with ideating and developing new social content series, executing special rollouts & partnerships, finding fresh ways to tell stories around products & passions, and seeing all social content through the review & approval process.
As the Senior Social Editor, you will be our resident social storytelling genius, driving the conversation between Old Navy and our 6 million+ followers. Our social channels are the most "pushed" expression of our brand's DNA & character, and it's where our tone and voice really shine. This might be the role for you if...
You're an excellent writer with a strategic mind, an eye for emerging content trends, the ability to translate brand voice & values across vehicles, and a devotion to platform innovation.
You're a big-picture thinker who never underestimates the importance of details. Each post is a new chance to interact with our audience & our customer, and is also a thread in the web that makes Old Navy a successful, fast-growing, $8B company.
You're great at working independently as well as collaboratively - you'll be a central part of a social team that includes brand managers, graphic designers, stylists & art directors, as well as our editorial director & senior director of brand voice.
You are a culture sponge, and are obsessed with what's happening in the different spaces we occupy - social, retail, fashion, culture.
Who you are
- Current and evolving sense of pop culture and fashion trends.
- Proven fluency in social-first content creation & execution.
- Mastery of brand-driven social media vehicles, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Ability to create and execute a broad creative vision and write in an editorial voice.
- Great interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Mastery of the English language. Excellent creative writing skills.
- Must be able to partner with designers, brand managers & strategists effectively & efficiently.
- Must be accountable, and able to deliver copy on time and with consistently high quality.
- Must be able to manage own workload across multiple projects.
- Must be able write in the Old Navy brand voice.
- Minimum educational level: BA preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years copywriting, social media or other relevant editorial experience.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top