Senior Web Designer - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it’s easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we’re on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Senior Designer is responsible for developing and executing innovative and creative designs for Old Navy e-commerce sites, including online shops, email campaigns and external placements while working in close partnership with the Associate Art Director and their senior management. Candidates should be extremely motivated designers who can easily adapt to the Old Navy brand aesthetic and value working in a team environment.
Creative work will include interactive content—including emails, site messages, promos, banners, exclusive online shops—as well as other digital projects as assigned. The Senior Designer will also be responsible for contributing to brand brainstorm & concept sessions with the offline design team.
- With direction for Associate Art Director help lead the overall look-and-feel for all weekly work.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, brand management, merchandising, marketing, creative technology and project management.
- Manage design team—junior staff and freelancers—including daily workload and individual development. Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of all projects to ensure that the design output is brand appropriate, and all marketing requirements are completed on time, and with the highest standard possible, for both internal and external reviews.
- Participate in project brainstorming and concept development.
- Present work and communicate effectively to business partners and senior management.
- Retail design experience is preferred
- Expert knowledge of latest web technologies and technology trends.
- Expert knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy and web specifications including responsive design.
- Expert in idea generation, as well as collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
- Must be detailed-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
- Strong knowledge of mobile usability and best practices. Responsive design experience extremely helpful (email and site).
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and MAC OS environment.
- HTML5/DHTML/CSS3 experience helpful.
- BFA in Graphic Design or related area.
- Retail design experience is required.
- 3-5+ years professional experience in web design or multimedia.
- 1+ years management experience.
Back to top