Senior Web Designer
- San Francisco, CA
About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the role
The Senior Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for leading creative execution and output in the digital media and social spaces. Candidates should possess a sophisticated visual style, flexibility, and a compelling portfolio. The designers main focus is in paid media content, but can extend to organic social and blog as needed. The candidate will oversee junior web designers and assist them with their design layouts to reach the optimum look/feel of the site. In addition, s/he will be responsible for presenting their work to the team, routing files for approval and releasing organized files to production management when approved. This individual reports to the Director of Digital Design.
What you'll do
- Design materials that enhance the BR brand and the overall customer experience
- Ensure design reflects the BR brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards
- Drive innovation with editorial storytelling approach to assets
- Curate and design content for multiple digital and social channels for paid advertising/media (facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Oversee the creative direction of paid partnerships
- Manage junior designers and their individual development.
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
- Be responsible for presenting your work to the team, routing files for approval and releasing organized files to production management when approved
- Eye for visual storytelling and audience engagement.
- Ability to pull together disparate elements of a design created by team members such as photography, images, layouts and text.
5+ years of web design experience in all phases from start to finish with minimal direction.
Experience with paid advertising and Social Media
Experience with motion and video graphics (After Effects a plus)
Strong project management skills and ability to function as project leader influencing others as well as individual contributor. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
Must be organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently through ambiguity.
Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences - from executives to software developers.
Expert knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Acute attention to detail including pixel perfect layouts and the ability to follow graphic brand standards.
BA/BFA in Graphic Design preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top