Senior Web Content Analytics Developer
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
We're looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
This position requires a self-starter and supports the Web Content Development group and the Gap brands' eCommerce teams by developing, coding, deploying and monitoring WCD operations through analytics & dashboards to ensure WCD meets our core KPIs. Also, some web content marketing work as needed.
Specific daily duties will include:
• Collaborate with key WCD stakeholders on how to best leverage analytics to construct dashboards and reporting mechanisms in order to inform better business decisions and optimization recommendations
• A vocal leader for developing dashboards, analytics and key metrics, mentoring others on the team in the application of this data
• Analyzing web analytics to deliver insights and form hypothesis.
• Interpreting commercial data reporting to aid in planning and health monitoring of systemic performance. Communicate effectively negative trends to leadership teams to reduce harmful impact to business.
• Web development - Development of A/B tests; development and maintenance of marketing and functional content for existing web sites
• Create new tools for knowledge sharing, and process improvements within the Web Content Development team.
• Facilitate regularly scheduled check-ins with WCD LT member and brand producers to guide and educate on WCD methodology and the technologies used to execute them.
• Manage business relationships with brand production, product management, marketing and creative teams
• Utilizes strong communication skills to inform production teams of status and to resolve conflict where confusion may arise.
• Work closely with GapTech (IT) development on challenging technical features.
• Troubleshoot coding issues, bugs and site severity issues.
• Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages or tests.
• Maintain the WCD "Gadget library" of phones and Gadgets
• Maintain the WCD "Wall Of Phones" QA tool.
• Own deliverables of tasks making sure his/her team is on target.
• Proactively define and communicate risks with production and upper-management.
• Asset management and code version control.
• Demonstrated experience with Web Analytics (Webtrends/Omniture/Google)
• Demonstrated experience with website speed/performance analytics & tools - Google PageSpeed, Lighthouse, Yslow, SOASTA Mpulse, New Relic, Rigor
• Expert in HTML/XHTML
• Experience developing mobile breakpoints/responsive content
• Strong written and verbal communication with understanding of the dynamics of large organizational politics. Technical writing skills a plus.
• Fluent in CSS3 to include CSS positioning and table-less layouts
• Proficient in Web production tools (Asana or Jira or Smartsheets, BOX, and Text Editors)
• Experience setting up and configuring both iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android phones and tablets.
• Understanding of the modern commerce technology stack: testing, personalization
• Working knowledge of PHP, SQL or MySQL, XML, AJAX
• Experience with various Version Control Software (GIThub, CVS, Subversion, VSS)
• Proficient with cross-platform and browser compatibility issues.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Proficient with Mac OS X
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop or other image-editing software
• Familiarity with SEO and accessibility compliancy
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, or technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, or similar degree)
• 5 years (minimum) front-end programming experience.
• E-commerce site development preferred.
• Front-end marketing/design/UI background preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top