Senior Visual Manager - Miami /Atlanta /DC
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
The Senior Visual Manager (SVM) actively supports the regional team as a resource for visual merchandising. The SVM is responsible for the development of DM's in merchandise presentation applications. In partnership with RD and DM's the SVM ensures all merchandise presentation initiatives are implemented within region and align with company expectations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Field Visual, the SVM acts as a link between the regional team and HQ teams ensuring product and regional differences are understood and leveraged.
- Partner with Regional Director on business growth opportunities to develop regional strategies
- In partnership with the District Managers (DM's) identifies district business opportunities and develops visual solutions based on business acumen
- Partner with DM's on all remodels and new store openings within region
- Accountable for the execution of growth initiatives within the region
- Manage regional Field Visual budget to ensure effective use of resources in region
- Reinforce how company goals and objectives at the Region and District level relate to merchandise presentation
- Communicate the Seasonal Brand Priorities within the region
- Provide clarification & adaptation direction to RD/DM regarding presentation and product initiatives
- Build constructive and effective relationships and partnerships throughout the Region and HQ teams to align support of merchandise presentation and brand initiatives
- Deliver in season and seasonal hindsight relating to product, presentation and competition
- Accountable for flow and creative decisions for high profile stores within region in partnership with DM
- Ensure RD has been consulted on all major flow and creative decisions
- Acts as a resource for trouble shooting product adaptations, windows, in season management challenges, and creative throughout the region
- Actively engage in weekly conference calls with Field & Field Visual Leadership teams
- Uphold consistent messaging of brand initiatives within region
- Collect feedback and offer recommendations regarding store presentation and marketing initiatives
- Minimum three years multi-store visual management
- Ability to understand and adapt visual presentation direction
- Strong merchandising skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in motivating upwards
- Proven ability to develop others
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize
- Competition and industry aware
- Strong influencing, problem analysis and decision making skills
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Virtual Communication
- Travel required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top