Senior Technical Designer, Women's Denim, Gap Brand
The Senior Technical Designer of Tech Design facilitates the transition of product from design concept and first prototype to a final, production ready prototype. He/She collaborates with cross-functional partners to land appropriate raw materials for both fit and functional intent as well as with business partners to obtain clear direction and consensus on design aesthetic, fit intent and construction. He/She is an expert, responsible for leading fit sessions on live models or mannequins and working with Design to achieve design aesthetic and communicate fit and balance corrections to participants. He/she will leverage and develop key vendor relationships to support working efficiently and drive fit consistency.
- Operates as an Individual Contributor to communicate and execute the transition of product styles from design concept and first prototype to a final, production ready prototype.
- Builds partnerships with Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Technical Development, and vendor partners.
- Drives cross-functional influence without direct authority.
- Ensure overall Customer fit consistency and provide fit approvals when necessary.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Lead fit sessions, construction approval, and documentation to all business partners to meet guidelines.
- Support the development of pattern blocks and to achieve optimal and consistent fit.
- Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
- Communicate fit intent, balance and construction to vendors.
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of specs, construction and fit intent.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product.
- Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent.
55 THOMAS STREET
- Technical Design- significant experience with fabric and garment construction and manufacturing processes
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- proven ability to influence and make decisions across geographies in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Communication- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top