Senior Tax Analyst, Gap Inc.
The Senior, Tax Accounting will support all activities related to income tax accounting, reporting, controls and forecasting. The Senior Tax Accounting will be primarily responsible for preparing calculations for interim and annual domestic income tax provisions under ASC 740.
- Learning Agility
- Drives Results
The Senior, Tax Accounting will report to the Director, Tax Accounting and will be a part of the Global Income Tax team.
- Prepare domestic interim and annual tax provision calculations, including Schedule Ms, deferred tax assets and liabilities and uncertain tax positions
- Assist with the consolidation calculations for the global income tax provision
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for domestic income tax accounts
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation and testing activities for tax accounting and reporting
- Prepare calculations for monthly and annual effective tax rate and cash tax forecasts
- Assist with the analysis, documentation and implementation of special tax projects
- Partner with Tax Compliance team to deliver tax calculations supporting the federal tax return and assist with return-to-provision calculations
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, with CPA and Master's degree preferred
- 3 plus years of tax experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department
- Basic to Intermediate technical tax provision knowledge. Proficiency with general ledger accounting a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate effectively within the tax department
- Ability to work with Excel and various tax software tools to create efficiencies
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple assignments at one item
- High level of attention to detail
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top