Senior Stylist, Photo Studio
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
What you'll do
- Create aspirational on-brand styling while maintaining a strong level of detail that represents the product & fit while protecting a strong brand identity
- Collaborate with Style Director to set the tone for seasonal trend cut-through for photography and ensure cohesion across all members of styling team
- Partner with Creative Leadership team to innovate and evolve the way we bring product photography to life through styling & creative direction
- Lead fittings for photo shoots with ability to speak to fit, product attributes, strategy, and assortment for the product at any given time
- Develop and maintain collaboration and partnership between studio and HQ styling teams at all times. Manage and inspire the stylists to ensure styling is constantly evolving
- When needed, support the HQ Styling team on seasonal and/or monthly style outs for various marketing deliverables
- Own the development of standard operating procedures and the styling guidelines
- Partner with studio leads to analyze studio quality and productivity to develop and implement process improvements
- Manage the Studio Styling Manager with clear direction on deliverables and expectations while providing coaching and development within their role and career path
- Review style outs & photography with the Styling team and Creative teams with ability to provide and take feedback, make changes, and apply learnings forward
- Partner with Merchandising team to ensure product is well represented and protected with business initiatives in mind throughout styling process
- Maintain a strong presence on-set to ensure brand initiatives are well represented while promoting a strong sense of team work and collaboration between all team members
- Ability and expertise to provide vision, direction, and feedback on product and editorial laydown photography
- Ability to effectively provide and deliver retouching comments
- Ability to manage time efficiently, execute under tight deadlines, shift priorities with the demands of the business, and maintain high quality standards that represent the brand
- Partner with photo studio producers to book freelance Stylists and Assistant Stylists when needed based on production needs
- Partner with Art Directors and Producers to influence castings and bookings with a strong sense of fit & body shape as it applies to hero product
- Effectively collaborate with Art Directors and Producers to communicate appropriate casting as it applies to product categories, silhouettes and color within the upcoming shoot schedule
- When applicable, on-board direct freelance stylists on photo shoots to ensure product is styled in accordance with brand guidelines
Who you are
- 7-10 years of professional on-figure styling experience within a commercial and editorial photography studio with a proven knowledge of supporting and driving a brand vision
- 5+ years of managing a team of stylists
- Professional on-figure portfolio
- Understanding of market trends, visual composition & storytelling
- Exceptional eye for detail and fit
- Knowledge of commercial studio workflow
- Previous experience working in a high-volume commercial studio
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow simultaneously including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and Google Docs
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top