Senior Sourcing Merchandiser
- Hanoi, Vietnam
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
About the Function:
The Vendor Management (VM) team is accountable for global vendor/cross-functional/brand relationships, performance as per defined sourcing strategy, strategic capacity planning .The sub teams - Strategic Sourcing, Product Development and Vendor Development work in specialized operating model in order to facilitate more nimble sample development, drive value added activities & innovation and improve our responsive capability to service the business better.
About the Team:
The Vendor Development team as a part of the VM team focuses on lean manufacturing processes and production and manages the production issues and helps develop the overall vendor capability.
About the Role:
The Merchandiser Vendor Development VM will be responsible for execution of vendor development strategy, production activities at the vendor and facility level. S/he would be responsible of tracking the processes and timely delivery to meet the RDC & the quality expectations. S/he would additionally work to ensure that all commercial decisions and standards are met.
- Train vendors on conducting capacity planning using SAM/SEU. Perform capacity monitoring on a regular basis.
- Support and drive lean initiatives (e.g. workflow, line layout, combining operations)/deployment plan with our strategic vendors
- Support establishing efficiency baseline/man-machine ratios and guide vendors to achieve their longer term strategic targets
- Continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
- Execute strategic key vendor development strategy as requested by Hub including management of new vendor onboarding
- Manage number of vendor facilities and new approvals
- Work with Technical, QA and Mill management team to ensure all commercial decision and standards are met
- Partner with Mill management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
- Manage bulk production tracking processes to meet RDC expectations
- Track & manage embargo alert to ensure timely delivery with quality products
- Ensure fabric is up to standard and make sure they have gone through proper testing (WWD/P/S not applicable)
- Negotiate with factories on major/critical order/production details, such as delivery date.
- Facilitate Merchandiser to solve order tracking problems.
- Be sensitive and alert proactively on high risk potential order problem to ensure production on track through regular production meeting and cc mail.
- Provide recommendation on claim settlement options
- Travel to vendor and factory locations to resolve production issues
- Resolve issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
- Review and evaluate vendor performance
Category function teams at Strategic Sourcing and Product Development
: Vendors, Mills
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Experience in sample development and with offshore production exposure is preferable
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes and innovative production management systems to influence vendor production efficiency
- Good written & spoken English
- Working experience in sizable garment buying office or trading company
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop others
- Strong planning and negotiation skills including the ability to influence at all levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Minimum educational level:
- Higher Diploma or above in textile, merchandising, supply chain management, or related discipline
- 7-8 years / 5-6 Years of experience in factory management and factory development
- Flexibility to travel to vendor and factory locations as required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top