Senior Software Engineer, Order
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
As a software engineer III on the Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to work in an agile/scrum environment contributing to Sourcing products such as Booking and Purchase Order Management. You will be responsible for driving the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of the application as part of a DevOps product team.
- Collaborate with product owners to prioritize, design, estimate enhancements requests to resolve problems in the Sourcing product area
- Responsible for planning and driving delivery of capabilities in a DevOps model
- Collaborate with business partners and technical teams to design, build, test, deploy, and support high performance, scalable software
- Practice relentless automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to developers
- Overcome obstacles and recommend tradeoffs to achieve milestones on time and within budget
- Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting system issues impacting timely availability of data to business partners within established SLAs
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with Java
- 3+ years in a lead role
- Development experience with Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented / Domain Driven analysis and design principles, and agile development methodology
- Experience delivering high availability, scalable java applications
- Experience with continuous integration and building data pipelines
- Experience with modern systems integration patterns and messaging (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational and NoSql databases
- Experience and test driven development and unit testing frameworks (like JUnit and Monteback/Wiremock)
- Experience working with and leading onsite, remote and offshore development teams
- Computer Science degree or comparable engineering degree
- Recent experience in SaaS, PaaS and Cloud is preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top