Senior Software Engineer, Catalog
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based solutions using best in class platforms. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the Product Catalog Team that owns the creation, management and dissemination of digital retail product data for omni-channel customer experiences for our website, stores, and other Gap Inc. or 3rd party consumers. We aim to solve the problems of our customers as well as Gap Inc. brand business managers and Photo Studios who work in our internal tools to complete and manage the digital product information for sale on brand websites.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Catalog, you will:
- Create concept and execute on solutions for enterprise class applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design, implementation and testing
- Apply and champion engineering practices (Clean Code) and Software Craftsmanship
- Collaborate with business representatives to understand requirements, value, prioritization, and acceptance criteria
- Actively participate in the building of dynamic and productive development organization, and continuously improve practices and methodology
- Mentor and guide others who are still developing their skills
- Support and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- 8+ years of solutions proficiency in Java and Java technologies (Spring, Springboot, Struts, Hibernate, JSF)
- 5+ years of domain driven development with integration technologies (open source, Enterprise API) as well as Object Oriented principles
- Extensive experience working with SQL (Oracle), NoSQL databases (Hadoop/Hbase or equivalent), web services, and APIs (Microservices architecture, REST, SOAP)
- A DevOps mindset and passion in continuously improving organizational practices; experienced in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate up and down the organizational layers
- Strong analytical mind and a proven ability to work with limited direction
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related technical field
- Recent background in e-business/eCommerce and retail stores systems; experienced in high-volume transactional environments with mission critical services
- Experience with SOLR or equivalent search platform
- Strong understanding of cloud component architecture concepts (Azure or equivalent)
- Experience with creating and maintaining Monitoring, Metrics and Logging for cloud on/off premise infrastructure
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top