Senior Site Merchandiser, Women's and Maternity, Gap Online
The USOL Site Senior Merchandiser sits within their divisional Buying team, responsible for driving the business through management of the website. This includes:
- Manage pre-season strategic & executional deliverables to prepare site for upcoming product launches.
- Manage in-season strategic & executional deliverables to drive daily sales.
- Drive continual improvement of our site analytics to assess KPIs to inform pre-season & in-season site strategies.
- Partner with production to understand technical site & tool functionality to drive efficiencies with existing tools and explore & drive new technical solutions
- Act as functional leader coordinating efforts of the site merchandisers across divisions
- Oversee 1-2 Merchandise Coordinators.
Pre-season responsibilities to include:
- Contribute robust site learnings to midsights/hindsights based on site KPIs and customer review data.
- Develop seasonal site strategy based on Buyers' product strategies and internal & competitive site learnings - to include navigation, photography, marketing, copy strategies.
- Socialize and get buy-in on seasonal site-strategy from key cross-functional partners.
- Coordinate with other divisions to deliver cohesive cross-divisional site strategies when needed.
- Partner closely with marketing & creative in the photo pipeline process - review marketing briefs, vet styles to be used in photography, gain cross-functional & leadership alignment on style out.
In-season responsibilities to include:
- Ensure flawless execution of photo planning process including regular touchpoints with marketing, weekly creative review, and execution by MCs.
- Actively participate in quarterly and weekly business reviews to understand financial deliverables and use the site as key lever to deliver those financials.
- Own site merchandising decisions and actions to amplify strong business and turn around soft business.
- Ensure that site experience is connected to marketing, promo & buying actions.
- Assist Merchandise Coordinators with site updates as needed during busy periods.
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce merchandising or web analytics
- Possess customer-centric mindset.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Be open-minded to and receptive of others' opinions.
- Possess the ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Possess basic knowledge of production processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top