Senior Site Merchandiser, Boy/Toddler Boy/KBSleep Access, Gap Online
The USOL Site Senior Merchandiser sits within their divisional Buying team, responsible for driving the business through management of the website.This includes:
- Manage pre-season strategic & executional deliverables to prepare site for upcoming product launches.
- Manage in-season strategic & executional deliverables to drive daily sales.
- Drive continual improvement of our site analytics to assess KPIs to inform pre-season & in-season site strategies.
- Partner with production to understand technical site & tool functionality to drive efficiencies with existing tools and explore & drive new technical solutions
- Act as functional leader coordinating efforts of the site merchandisers across divisions
- Oversee 1-2 Merchandise Coordinators.
Pre-season responsibilities to include:
- Contribute robust site learnings to midsights/hindsights based on site KPIs and customer review data.
- Develop seasonal site strategy based on Buyers' product strategies and internal & competitive site learnings - to include navigation, photography, marketing, copy strategies.
- Socialize and get buy-in on seasonal site-strategy from key cross-functional partners.
- Coordinate with other divisions to deliver cohesive cross-divisional site strategies when needed.
- Partner closely with marketing & creative in the photo pipeline process - review marketing briefs, vet styles to be used in photography, gain cross-functional & leadership alignment on style out.
In-season responsibilities to include:
- Ensure flawless execution of photo planning process including regular touchpoints with marketing, weekly creative review, and execution by MCs.
- Actively participate in quarterly and weekly business reviews to understand financial deliverables and use the site as key lever to deliver those financials.
- Own site merchandising decisions and actions to amplify strong business and turn around soft business.
- Ensure that site experience is connected to marketing, promo & buying actions.
- Assist Merchandise Coordinators with site updates as needed during busy periods.
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce merchandising or web analytics
- Possess customer-centric mindset.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Be open-minded to and receptive of others' opinions.
- Possess the ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Possess basic knowledge of production processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top