Senior Real Estate Analyst
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Getting recognized by any industry for your work is an honor, but being included in Business of Fashion's first-ever "Best Companies to Work for in Fashion" report is especially exciting. At Gap Inc., one of our driving values is to provide meaningful career experiences that allow our employees to grow, while also building an unrivaled and engaging culture that inspires people to do their best work. We are thrilled to be acknowledged for the work we are passionate about and strive to offer to our amazing employees every day!
Gap Inc.'s Global Real Estate Finance & Strategy team is a centralized function that provides strategic and analytical support to the Gap, Inc. portfolio of brands including Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Old Navy. We are dedicated to all brands and are responsible for making strategic investment decisions for the company's fleet of retail stores.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team of industry leading professionals. The ideal candidate has strong analytical, organizational, and project execution skills and is a self-starter that thrives in an energizing environment and enjoys juggling multiple projects at once. In role, you will be responsible for recommending strategic real estate decisions that are presented to senior leadership. Your key responsibilities include building business cases for store investments and lease renewals which include the development and analysis of pro forma sales call, cannibalization potential, forecasted store P&L, and return on investment metrics such as IRR and NPV. You will make an impact on store creation for our brands globally. Your creativity, attention to detail, and dynamic cross-functional partnership will be essential to every project. You deliver in calculated and strategic environments - resolving immediate concerns and planning for the future. We partner with Store Development, Store Operations, Real Estate Field, Real Estate Law, and other functional groups across the company. You will have high exposure and opportunity to expand knowledge and experience as projects evolve. If you are eager to join an industry leading organization, innovate in your area, and learn new skills, tell us about yourself and we hope to meet you soon.
As one of the world's largest specialty retailers, our past is full of iconic moments. We are most passionate about the future, and the people who will help make our next decade just as groundbreaking as the last fifty years.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analysis. Ability to tailor each presentation to different audiences and stakeholders
- Utilize multiple points of data to develop forecasts for business case development
- Support senior management and cross-functional business partners with timely, accurate, actionable financial analysis
- Perform analysis and strategic thinking to support annual market planning and drive fleet level decisions
- Provide support for strategic growth and optimization initiatives that help create new strategies for fleet deployment
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with all business partners including Real Estate Field, Store Operations, Creative Services, Store Development, Legal, Corporate Finance & Corporate Shared Services
- Strong financial acumen coupled with the ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance business partners
- Advanced knowledge in Excel functionality and ability to utilize data for creative thinking
- Enjoys working in an analytic and fast paced role and can use data to tell a story
- Exemplified project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities at once
- Dedicated individual who looks for opportunities to improve existing processes and business
- Strong collaboration skills and effectively partners across cross-functional teams
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or related field
- MBA or CPA a plus
- 3-5 years relevant professional working experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate finance, or other related field
- Retail or real estate experience a plus
- Limited travel
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top