Senior Product Manager, Search Services
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Customer Experience Product Management team at Gap Inc. is responsible for creating a best in class digital brand experience for its portfolio of specialty apparel brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer. Our proprietary, multi-brand digital platform of product information drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences which continue to evolve to meet our customers' needs.
We're looking for a proven Product Leader to help oversee the Catalog API platform but focus primarily on driving innovative data augmentation capabilities leveraging a modern PIM and third-party software to optimize proper product attribution for customer personalized categories and search results; product recommendations; and other cutting-edge retail experience online and in stores to wow our customers.
You should be familiar with customer segmentation, ideally in a retail, e-commerce industry, and understand the nature of digital product data both for its importance in serving up best in class customer experiences, enhancing it with additional sources of information. The role requires a combination of business savvy and technical knowledge and a passion for the power of personalized shopping experiences.
What you'll do
- Serve as product owner, leader, visionary and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development: developing and executing product strategy to influence the development of our digital product information platform.
- Test and learn product presentation algorithms to optimize profitability
- Champion the needs of the customer and business stakeholders, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives
- Collaborate with local and distributed business partners and agile/lean development teams to deliver software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
- Identify multiple approaches and negotiate trade-offs with stakeholders
- Partner with very closely with technology, user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams.
- Work with business teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed.
- Conduct analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
- Manage multiple, concurrent initiatives in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery.
- Identify new opportunities and develop technology solutions that drive value for Gap Inc., including:
- Gathering input from our customers and internal and external sources
- Justifying and prioritizing roadmaps, development initiatives and expenditures
- Testing and learning into new experiences
- Analyzing competitors and market trends
- Evaluating new technologies
- 5-7 years of digital product management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Hands-on experience building customer-facing web software or implementing enterprise solutions which are consistently successful
- Data-driven mindset and track record of designing, developing and managing API KPI's
- Ability to work independently with "make it happen" attitude; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner;
- Be versatile: able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
- Demonstrated technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and also to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation format to business leaders at all levels and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Experience with Agile, Lean or other iterative development processes
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top