Senior Product Manager - Direct Purchase Order
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Supply Chain Product Management team designs, develops, and implements software from product creation though end of life that enable Gap Inc. to meet their business goals and maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience. The Sr. Product Manager of Direct Purchase Order & Sourcing will drive the strategy for, and implementation of, new initiatives while optimizing existing tools and processes within the Gap Inc Sourcing space. This leader will:
What you'll do
- Understand current business challenges and strategic priorities developed by leaders
- Consider alternative business scenario(s) or option(s)
- Identify and implement multiple ways to achieve goals in case of obstacles; create contingency plans
- Readily accept and use expertise and input from a diverse group of peers
- Lead cross functional teams and/or collaborates with leaders
- Work toward a specific goal and follows through on difficult situations to deliver on promises
- Identify opportunities in own area to contribute to the commercial success of the enterprise
- Lead the selection, development and implementation of sourcing and order initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives
- Engage the business to identify opportunities in current systems and process and create requirements for functional changes to maximize returns on application development efforts
- Manage the overarching order product strategy and roadmap
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to leadership
- Guide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Build relationships with key leaders and other brand stakeholders.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the Brand and Gap Tech
- 5-7 year product management work experience required
- Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations
- Experience developing and working with sourcing and direct purchase order solutions for the retail industry
- Experience managing large cross functional teams, including large global engineering teams
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis - ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top