Senior PQA, based in Central Java-Indonesia
- Hanoi, Vietnam
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior PQA supports Gap International Sourcing (GIS) quality initiatives at the factory level through process monitoring; capability evaluations; performance reporting; benchmarking best practices and training factory staff (Factory Key Representative and Designated Auditor). The Senior PQA performs all work with the clear objective of improving overall product quality as measured through final inspections, DC Audits and
In-Market reports and in accordance with Gap Inc Code of Business Conduct (CoBC) protocols.
- Confirm and monitor progress of 'high risk' products at factory
- Oversee preparation and implementation of RCA/CAP activity at the factory
- Train and Monitor factory FKR/DA teams to meet GIS quality goals and expectations
- Ensure all FKR/DA findingseports/documents are completed on time and communicated to business partners
- Conduct regular and un-announced factory audit, final inspections, DA correlations and Technical evaluations
- Ensure timely and accurate input of final inspections into QAS
- Provide vendors/factories with the knowledge and resources to support multiple Brands/Categories in product development, risk management, RCA/CAP, quality control and quality assurance to Best Practice levels
- Support vendors/factories to maximize productivity and increase efficiency and quality of bulk shipments
- Undertake quarterly CoBC assessments as assigned.
- Promote and enhance communication between vendors, factories and GIS
Collaborate with the Regional PQA department, CoE team and Category business partners to
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes within the apparel on-apparel industry and specific knowledge for relative category
- Strong technical product skills
- Solid industry knowledge including market trends for new vendor sourcing and development
- Ability to create reports, provide analysis and recommendations to improve quality
- Communication skills- both written and verbal - in English and local language
- Strong risk management and trouble shooting skills; works proactively
- Ability to influence all levels of factory management
2) Minimum educational and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Textile or Garment (Industry related) or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Quality Management role in related product
- Senior level Factory Operations experience; or factory + buying office experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top