- Hanoi, Vietnam
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior PQA supports Sourcing quality initiatives at the factory level through process monitoring; capability evaluations; performance reporting; benchmarking best practices and training factory staff (Factory Key Representative and Designated Auditor). The Senior PQA performs all work with the clear objective of improving overall product quality as measured through final inspections, DC Audits and In-Market reports and in accordance with company Code of Business Conduct (CoBC) protocols
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP :
• Collaborate effectively with other functions (PI, Color, PD, VD, etc.) to drive continuous improvement in quality.
• Manage quality initiatives and factory quality performance
• Maintain robust communication with factories and vendors
• Provide vendors/factories with the knowledge and resources to support multiple Brands/Categories in product development, risk management, RCA/CAP activities
• Support vendors/factories to maximize quality by applying consistent quality standards and overseeing bulk production
• Confirm and monitor progress of 'high risk' products at factory
• Oversee preparation and implementation of RCA/CAP activity at the factory
• Train and Monitor factory FKR/DA teams to meet quality goals and expectations
• Ensure all FKR/DA findingseports/documents are completed on time and communicated to business partners
• Conduct regular and un-announced factory audit, final inspections, DA correlations and Technical evaluations
• Ensure timely and accurate input of final inspections into QAS
• Promote and enhance communication between vendors, factories and GIS
• Collaborate with the Regional PQA department, VD team and Category business partners to improve quality
Who you are
Business Acumen: Experience in quality assurance and/or factories preferably in buying office with strong knowledge of factory operations and process; good understanding of market trends for new vendor sourcing and development
Problem Solver: Can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges; Strong risk management and trouble shooting skills; Provide analysis and recommendations to improve quality
Collaboration: Proven ability to influence cross-functionally in a matrix environment, as well as factory management; able to communicate effectively at all levels
Knowledge & Skills: Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes within the apparel on-apparel industry and specific knowledge for relative category; Strong technical product skills
Minimum educational and experience
Tertiary qualifications in Textile / Garment / Footwear / Accessories or equivalent work experience
5 years Quality Management role in related product
Senior level Factory Operations experience; or factory + buying office experience
Note: for Footwear & Accessories: PQA must successfully demonstrate a complete understanding of the production process (warehouse to warehouse)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top