Senior Planning Manager
INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We're known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We're always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
The Sr Planning Manager is responsible for the successful end-to-end Merchandise Planning and in season management of multiple channels, departments, vendors and classes. The Sr Manager leads a team of Merchandise Planners and Associate Planners through the successful development, execution and communications of financial and Merchandise plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and Turn goals. The Sr Manager is responsible for setting the tone of effective and highly collaborative cross functional teamwork.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage team of Merchandise Planners and Associate Planners and provide leadership by creating a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Successfully foster highly effective and collaborative cross functional relationships. Create a team oriented atmosphere
- Manage cross functional teams through change as the planning function evolves processes, methodologies and adopts new tools
- Foster and maintain a culture of development, coaching and training of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and constant improvements to functional competencies
- Balance workload priorities across division and departments to ensure successful execution of Merchandise Planning
- Ensure high quality work, that is well thought out, accurate and strategic by being the filter before pass offs to cross functional teams and leadership
Business Process Management
- Maintain Merchandise Planning business processes and serve as subject matter expert and champion for process improvements
- Hold teams accountable to timelines and pass offs
- Act as trainer for staff on MP processes, methodologies, and new initiatives
Financial Planning - Forecasting
- Manage the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly merchandise plans, as appropriate
- Develop and communicate comprehensive department financial & product strategies
- Ensure alignment of multiple department plans to divisional objectives
- Reconcile top-down & bottom-up department plans to division plans and forecasts
- Manage monthly department level open-to-buy activities
- Oversee the development of vendor and or class plans and investment strategies where appropriate
Plan Management - Allocation
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on pre-season allocation strategies and buys, and in season revisions
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Relationship Management: Able to build and maintain highly constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and supervisors
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that catalyze others to action
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in and ability to train retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Planning & Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
- Process Management: Can identify and clearly articulate the processes necessary to get things down efficiently and align resources effectively complete activities
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Risk Management: Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years work experience, preferable in Merchandise Planning
- 2+ years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top