Senior Planner - Store Planning & Allocation
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
This role is responsible for pre- & in-season store inventory strategies for the North America Accessories division and Real Estate activities.The Senior Planner partners closely with pre-season planning & in-season forecasting partners to translate financial plans into replenishment strategies & ensure profitable inventory allocation across stores.This position also works closely with Merchandising partners to ensure store assortments support product strategies.The Senior Planner manages the Accessories allocation analyst.
• Store Inventory Depth Planning
o Strong knowledge of store base through store visits, historical store performance, store attributes, cross functional partnerships and field communication
o Drive inventory depth planning to support store/category opportunities to continuously improve GMROI and sell through across the fleet
o Ensure total store inventory levels reflect the Merchandise & Inventory Management strategies, incorporate field identified opportunities and are properly allocated to support sales, comp, gross margin & GMROI expectations
• Real Estate & Store Assortment Planning
o Own execution for all brand real estate activity, including new stores, closures and remodels
o Active role in assortment change strategies, process, communication and execution
o Active role cross functional forums to inform store assortment
o Provide support to cross-functional teams by partnering and communicating with divisional and departmental business partners (i.e. Merchandising, Inventory Management, Visual, Logistics and Company Planning)
• Leadership & Developing People
o Develop cross brand relationships to continuously learn, improve analytics and processes
o Effectively manage and support the career development of direct report to ensure job satisfaction, retention and identify and develop bench strength
o Accurately assess and leverage direct reports' strengths and address developmental needs
o Provide timely and actionable feedback to direct reports, fostering skill development & improving performance
• Possess a strong analytical ability with a focus on driving business results
• Possess a drive for continuous improvement in processes, tools, business results and partnerships
• Proven ability to consistently navigate through ambiguous business situations
• Proven ability to prioritize, demonstrating logical analysis and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to be innovative and arrive at new solutions to problems
• Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to communicate directly and clearly, reflecting an appropriate sense of diplomacy and urgency to all levels of management
• Working knowledge of applicable systems and spreadsheets
• Competent in Microsoft office, including the ability to learn technical applications quickly
• Bachelors degree required
• 2-4 years experience as a Inventory Management Planner, Store Planner or equivalent
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top