Senior Planner - Old Navy Outlet
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Senior Inventory Planner for Old Navy Outlet manages Outlet sales performance and inventory strategies for a dominant division from investment through execution at the product/category/item level for Inventory Management. The Outlet Senior Inventory Planner is responsible for ensuring that the development and management of assortment, demand and inventory plans achieve divisional financial goals.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Financial Planning - Forecasting
- Build Divisional Outlet LRP strategy and collaborate with cross functional partners to execute; including Global Merchandising, Outlet Merchandising, Global Production and US Inventory Management teams
- Develop and build style level plans that support divisional & outlet strategies to differentiate and drive the Outlet business. Collaborating with outlet merchants, recommend pricing strategies for outlet, including DIDO & exclusive pricing that support the Outlet commercial plan and differentiated seasonality builds
- Collaborate with cross functional team to execute strategies across multiple product categories for the division
- Track performance of categories and styles for the outlet fleet to make recommendations and adjust strategies based on performance (hindsight)
- Develop and build department/class level allocation strategies to support Outlet commercial plan
Plan Management - Allocation
- Manage Outlet inventory strategies from investment through allocation execution, including ongoing assessments and updates.Partner with allocation team to align on initial inventory releases
- Track in-season sales and inventory and develop strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk
- Strategize, recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies
Business Process Management - Supply Chain Operations
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for entire Outlet assortment by category within your division.
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for Outlet Exclusive Basics and Seasonal Basics managed thru demand forecasting and vendor management tools, as required.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Process Management: Able to create and organize work and processes to get things done in the most efficient manner
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years work experience, preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top