Senior Planner, Merchandise Planning Analytics
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
The Sr. Planner of Merchandise Planning Analytics strategically creates and drives investment & system optimization strategies which ensures the achievement of Old Navy financial plans and brand strategies. Owns and manages a larger project or initiative.
What you'll do
- Ensure weekly reporting is delivered within SLA; when upstream issues arise effectively escalate & communicate to seek resolution
- Lead development of new tools/solutions and enhancements to existing tools by defining requirements, building stable solutions, implementing rigorous testing
- Partner with IM leaders, Managers & SMEs to gather feedback & understand business process resulting in the development of value add tools/solutions
- Develop & deliver presentations of broader strategy that includes the new tools/solutions resulting into high adoption
- Expert in all Allocation or Planning tools; Strong understanding of other functions tools
- Recommends system, tool and process improvement to drive efficiency
- Strategizes new business process to drive financial goals and strategies
- Develops system, tool and process improvements to drive efficiency
- Designs & delivers comprehensive training that clearly demonstrates strategy & tactics
- Develops self-service training hub
- Supports Manager & Above with business issue solutions and training
- Partners with Merchandise Planning Analytics/Inventory Strategy leadership to prioritize and align on strategies
- Incorporates strategic intent of project in content and clearly links project milestones to the strategy
- Understands all portions of project planning by contributing value add feedback to project planning (tool development, IM leadership feedback, training and stakeholder feedback)
- Own and manage a larger project or initiative, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
- Delivers project milestones with quality (content, strategic thought) through delivery and managing others as needed
- Models strong time management by delivering project milestones on time
- May be required to work weekends.
- Appropriately informs & engages manager and MPA/IS leadership
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top