Senior Planner, Global Yield Management, Petites & Third Party – Banana Republic
WhoWe Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories verticalspecialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporaryclassics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those whosee every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of everymoment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a littledifferently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. Welive with style.
What We Do: The role of the GlobalYield Management team is to maximize sales, margin and inventory through strategicin-season optimization across all customer channels. This work requires stronganalytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnershipswith other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customerexperience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The Global Yield ManagementPlanner will own a department or category's in-season yield management throughmonthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment, in-season pricing, and allocationwhile creating strategic in-season alignment across cross functional teams,markets, and channels.
- Manage sales, gross margin, gross margin returnon investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals by evaluating in-season trendscombined with existing pre-season strategies to deliver compelling pricing andshort term inventory controls.
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricingdecisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
- Proactively influence Planning and Merchandisingpre-season strategies with business knowledge based on current trends acrossall markets
- Create monthly forecast incorporating currenttrends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans
- Responsible for managing inventory and pricingstrategy to exceed budgeted results
- Develop in season allocation strategies todeliver the optimal inventory to stores through partnership with StorePlanning, Visual and Marketing teams
- Create comprehensive hindsights and partner withPlanning and Merchandising team to develop future product and inventorystrategies for all global regions
- Cultivate strong working relationships across multiplecross-functional partners to ensure business success
- Ensure pricing strategy supports and drivescommercial strategy by market / channel
- BusinessAcumen: Knowledge of financialmeasures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace andcompetition. Aware of changing trendsand customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
- PresentationSkills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesizelarge amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and writtenformats
- Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functionalpartners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
- CustomerFocus: Constant focus on customerthinking within all tasks. Has a passionfor product and how it shows up to the customer across all touchpoints.
- Dealingwith Ambiguity: Flexible andadaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improveprocesses
- Drive forResults & Self Development: Proven track record of adding more valuewithin the same role over time
- OrganizationalAgility: Ability to workindependently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
- TechnicalLearning: Strong skill set inMicrosoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas,Using Macros) ; Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability &interest in mastering new and available technical applications
- Minimum 5-7 years Inventory Managementexperience
- Four year college degree or equivalent required
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top