Senior Merchandiser - Sweater
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Merchandiser, Product Development will be responsible for developing the garment samples for the assigned product / style while working closely with the Merchandising teams of the Vendors. As part of product development team s/he will also be providing support in identifying opportunities of cost saving, onboarding new vendors and executing the innovation agenda for the department in the assigned product.
• Downloads tech pack and BOM
• Works with vendors for development sampling and initial costs
• Manages counter costing; Handling samples; Tracking fit approvals; Tracking lab dips
• Following up with vendor on system-updates
• Manages wear-test samples and tailoring samples
• Ensures Systems are updated with costs and details
• Coordinates MST legacy ID communications for purchase order
• Partners with brand Design, R&D and key suppliers to develop innovative and quality product
• Partners with Mill management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
• Resolves issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
• Support to coordinate with vendors / mills on T&A based on the provided booking timeline to facilitate capacity planning and migration plan
Who you are
Merchandise Sourcing Knowledge - Experience in sample development and with offshore production exposure; in large-sized buying office or trading company
Planning & Influencing - proven experience in plan, prioritize and influence at all levels
Drive Results - ability to analyze situations and proactively suggest solutions to meet deliverables
Learning Agility & Experimentation - demonstrates eagerness to learn and explore new ways of approaching goals
Effective Communicator & Team Player - proven capability to communicate effectively, verbal and written
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top