Senior Merchandiser, Non-Apparel – Banana Republic Factory Store
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories verticalspecialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporaryclassics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who seeevery day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. AtBanana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it allin, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Senior Merchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic FactoryStore Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising assortment into conceptssupporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commerciallyviable and provide an exciting customer store and online experience bypartnering with design, visual, merchandising, online production, andmarketing.
- Develop department/category strategies that meet or exceed the brandfinancial goals.
- Create and present a compelling assortment that will meet financialtargets and will support divisional and brand objectives both online and instores.
- Coordinate and manage the development, execution and communication ofmerchandise plans and strategies online and in store.
- Develop omni-channel seasonal strategies: Create department levelpre-season assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy that aligns withdivisional merchandising strategy.
- Assist with omni-channel web management to create a compelling productexperience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation,simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate productdetails.
- Leads cross-functional team members to develop key-concepts, items,promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure the collection iscommercially viable in each market and provides and exciting storeexperience.
- Analyze Seasonal and Hindsight information. Analyze historic data,trends, product assortment, and competition to develop the strategy.
- Analyze current business to identify business opportunities andin-season risks
- Understand competitive environment in-stores and online; proactivelyseek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retailers.
- Approve the ranking of all styles within thedivision/category/geography based on historical and current productperformance, as well as marketplace information.
- Make department investments decisions to ensure that smart risks arebeing taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets aremet.
- Validate the costing and placement strategies with Production.
- Formulate department/category/omni pricing strategies.
- Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the designaesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Effectively manage and support the clear development process of directreport(s) to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development by providingthe appropriate tools and training
- 4-5 years of merchandising experience. 2-3 years of managementexperience.
- Experience with soft and hard accessories a plus
- Omni-channel experience requested
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements and how toimpact them.
- Demonstrate a clear point of view about product assortment andbusiness opportunities.
- Demonstrates smart risk-taking in investment strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and product trends.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performancestandards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written, negotiation, andpresentation skills.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking ina fast-paced environment.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Product development experience preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top