Senior Merchandiser - Mens Sweaters
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Senior Merchandiser - Banana Republic - Men's
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Senior Merchandiser is a member of the Banana Republic Men's Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store and online experience by partnering with design, visual, merchandising, online production, and marketing.
- Develop omni-channel pre - season product strategies: assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy that aligns with divisional merchandising strategy to meet or exceed the brand financial goals.
- Work with design and production counterparts to create a compelling product assortment that will meet financial targets and will support divisional and brand objectives both online and in stores.
- Coordinate and manage the execution and communication of merchandise plans and strategies online and in store.
- Assist with omni-channel web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Lead cross-functional team members to develop key-concepts, items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure the collection is commercially viable in each market and provides and exciting store experience.
- Analyze Seasonal and Hindsight information. Analyze historic data, trends, product assortment, and competition to develop the strategy.
- Collaborate with inventory management on investment decisions to color style level.
- Analyze current business to identify business opportunities and in-season risks
- Propose styles for rapid response, fast and in season triggers, and work though opportunities with Production counterparts.
- Understand competitive environment in-stores and online; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retailers.
- Approve the ranking and retail ticket of all styles within the division/category/geography based on historical and current product performance, as well as marketplace information.
- Make department investments decisions to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Validate the costing and placement strategies with Production.
- Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Effectively manage and support the clear development process of direct report(s) to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development by providing the appropriate tools and training
- 4-5 years of merchandising experience. 2-3 years of management experience.
- Omni-channel experience preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Demonstrate a clear point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Demonstrates smart risk-taking in investment strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and product trends.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Product development experience preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top