Senior Merchandiser, Men's Knits, Fleece, Gap Specialty
The Senior Merchandiser is responsible for driving the Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the global/regional business. They will develop (in partnership with MM/DMM), communicate and drive seasonal business product strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and the customer expectations, while developing and training the merchant team. They will lead and collaborate with their department cross functional teams in the development and execution of the seasonal merchandise strategy. Initiatives include assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, identifying business opportunities, Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond, and Market hind-sighting. This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
- Leads the Department Cross Functional Team to be; innovative, fast moving and team oriented.
- Influences Global Design to ensure that design supports customer and business needs while remaining innovative.
- Develop close partnerships with Inventory Management teams to build a Global Flow Strategy, while ensuring that specific needs of each region are met.
- Partners with Production to ensure that sourcing strategies are cost-effective.
- Develops assortmentsand strategies aligned to overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings.
- Builds assortments that meet global and regional needs – right time, right place, and right price.
- Identifies product opportunities and expert in competitive landscape.
- Partners with Design and Production on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
- Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Communicates seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team and leadership to ensure innovation and financial success as a focus.
- Lead and influence the Cross Function Team.
- Solution oriented – be resourceful to problems that arise within department and outside department.
- Develops individuals; provides thoughtful and timely feedback; Mentor's other team members.
55 THOMAS STREET
- 7 plus years of Merchandising – experience in developing and executing merchandising strategies.
- Financial Acumen – knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Strategic and Analytic Thinker – thinks strategically, conceptually and creatively.
- Vertical Retail – has demonstrated ability to work in vertical retail environment.
- Team Leadership-has influenced cross -functional teams.
- Change Leadership-experience working through significant change and transformation to move an organization forward.
- Drive Results – proven track record of driving results.
- Collaboration-proven ability to work in an environment where collaboration with cross functional partners is a key focus and speed is crucial.
- Experimentation – has explored and tried new ways of approaching goals.
- Learning Agility – demonstrates an ability to seek new information, ideas, experiences, and is self-awareness
- Talent Builder-proven track record of developing best-in-industry leaders. 1-2 years of management experience.
- International experience preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top