Senior Merchandiser - Knits Fabric Mill Management
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Sr. Merchandiser/ Merchandiser will report to the DMM / MM and will be a key player in execution of material management and fabric sourcing strategy.
ould also be responsible for generating market intelligence data and presentations on the market trends and pricing.
The role will provide expertise and support to the category team relating to the existing and future mill base. The role requires a strong fabric sourcing background and the proven ability to build and sustain relationships with the mills in region.
orders and relationships for a sub-category.
elationships and negotiation with new and current
- Responsible for fabric
development and order placement in efficient and effective manner
- Works with Technical, QA and
team to ensure all commercial decision and standards are met
- Partners with category team in problem solving, information sharing and counter sourcing to support best placement plan
- Manage wear-test sampling, Tailoring sample process, Sample yardage request and Raw material testing
- Follow up on Fabric innovation initiatives
- Manage Initial costing and ensuring fabric pricing is updated by vendors in PLM
- Experience in fabric development with exposure to large-sized buying office or mills.
- Experience in execution of fabric sourcing strategy
- Ability to solve and escalate challenges
- Effective communication with stakeholders in verbal and written
- Flexible mindset to present and provide options
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top