Senior Merchandiser - Costing Specialist
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Merchandiser, Product Development-Costing Specialist will be responsible managing Product costing while working closely with internal PD counterpart & with Merchandising teams of the Vendors. As part of product development team s/he will also be providing support in identifying opportunities of cost saving through product reengineering, cost standardization, building up costing library.
What you will do
- Downloads tech pack and BOM
- Works with vendors for product costing at key costing milestone
- Following up with vendor on system-updates
- Ensures Systems are updated with costs and details
- Continuously update standards and tools that enable transparent, fact-based costing with suppliers
- Optimize the cost through standardization, benchmarking, product reengineering
- Supporting in creating factory level/country level cost competitive matrix
- Resolves issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
Who you are
- Merchandise Sourcing Knowledge
- Experience in product costing with offshore production exposure; in large-sized buying office or trading company
- Product Knowledge
- should know yield management and about product construction & its an added advantage if knows SMV based costing
- Drive Results -
Very strong negotiations skills & ability to analyze situations and proactively suggest solutions to meet deliverables
- Learning Agility & Experimentation
- demonstrates eagerness to learn and explore new ways of approaching goals
- Effective Communicator & Team Player
- proven capability to communicate effectively, verbal and written
- Analytical skills
- Possess strong data analytical and Excel skill (V-lookup and Pivot table)
Back to top