Senior Merchandise Manager - Marketplace @ Semino
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
As the Senior Merchandise Manager, you drive profitable sales growth by planning and executing company merchandising direction through standard operating procedure execution in your department (i.e. markdowns, signage, replenishment and marketing). You lead a department responsible for a majority of the total store sales and play a pivotal role in leading a complex and dynamic business. As the subject matter expert for all brand merchandising training, tools and resources, you train, coach and hold others accountable to brand merchandising and productivity standards. Your department consistently represents brand standards and company strategies. To drive profitability, you are responsible for flexing based on our brand's merchandising principles and financial analysis. You know and execute all company product knowledge and strategy. You own the development of your direct reports, and create a culture of engagement and high performance through development and coaching Brand Associates, Department Managers and Specialists. As a senior leader in the building, you are expected to lead the leadership team in the absence of your General Manager.
As an Old Navy leader, your first priority is to contribute to the success of your store. This means that you not only deliver in your role as the Senior Merchandise Manager, but you also model leadership behaviors and deliver as a manager on duty. As the Manager on Duty, you deliver results during your assigned time, drive key performance indicators and brand loyalty by leading through your team. You make decisions and collaborate with other members of your store leadership team to prioritize work based on business needs and company direction.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Learning Agility
- Decision Quality
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Process Management
Note: This position description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected for the aforementioned position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2-3 years of soft lines and visual merchandising experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including travel) to meet the needs of the business, including evenings, overnight and weekend shifts
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top