Senior Merchandise Coordinator - Old Navy Online
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
- Act as lead MC across the team- liaison between production, marketing, and merchandising, and act as a single point of contact for site execution.
- Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Optimize the mapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual associations.
- Support Merchant team's in-season business reaction with changes to categories, styles or style/color display, sort orders.
- Support creation of marketing content: create outfit records, submit photography requests for outfits and assets, update outfit requests with actual image files, and outfit builds.
- Influence linking strategies for upcoming marketing messages ensuring a seamless user experience yet also supports marketing intentions.
- Management and communication of marketing calendar to merchandising and IM teams to identify upcoming style needs. Communicate linking strategies; styles featured in creative, price point directives, etc.
- Seasonal style list management to ensure that styles are receiving the appropriate shot requests, styling needs, product tags (pacman), product associations.
- Monitor styles that stock on a daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories and styles.
- Communicate web calendar to merchandising teams to identify potential issues and risks regarding styles featured in marketing.
- Work closely with photo studio, and creative team to ensure all images are available and accurate, copy to ensure that all products have copy.
- Work closely with web production & product management to communicate tool issues and best practices.
- Influence updates and needs to tools for better efficiencies.
- Work closely with marketing producers to execute needs of marketing message but also identify any potential risks.
- Communicate weekly with our Canada counterparts to ensure their understanding of marketing site strategies, general site maintenance, and product issues.
- Assist in their understanding of Pacman tools and how to manipulate the tool for the needs of their business.
- Manage their marketing photography needs.
- Articulate areas of opportunity across tools and processes, identify creative solutions to solve challenges and determine how to work cross functionality to execute.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Strong leadership skills.
- 4-5 years' experience in fashion retail and/or merchandising, ideally in a technical, e-commerce, site merchandising role.
- Proactive, strong communication to detail and accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer's site experience.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and quickly find resolution
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly. Previous experience with back-end website systems a plus. (Microsoft commerce 2000, Blue Martini).
- Analytical skills, organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fact paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top