Senior Marketing Manager: Triggered Email, Innovation, and Special Technology - Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
This Senior Manager is an expert in using triggered & lifecycle strategies (email, SMS, site) to drive cross channel response and customer retention.
The position lends itself to someone who is passionate about using rigorous testing to optimize customer-driven strategies across multiple marketing channels.
We are looking for a big strategic thinker; someone who thrives on using technology & innovation to implement continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility and bring our customers the most relevant experiences possible.
Oversight includes Old Navy US, Canada, and Mexico.
1) Triggered & Lifecycle Email
• Responsible for driving cross channel traffic & retention through a strategic approach to customer touchpoints & message cadence
• Own all Old Navy triggered & lifecycle strategies, driving retention & loyalty on a 1:1 level
• Drive segmentation and personalization strategies (custom or otherwise) to ensure we are optimizing content delivery at the customer or segment level
• Evaluate new 3rd party technology and personalization capabilities; make recommendations on implementation to drive increased engagement across the triggered email landscape
• Develop testing agenda to drive continuous improvement
2) Innovation & Special Technology
• Responsible for using innovation in technology & vendor capabilities to drive increases in response that can be applied to triggered & campaign / batch email as well as site
• Lead third party technology efforts across email & site; including, but not limited to product recommendations, dynamic content solutions, etc.
• Liaison between 3rd party vendors & internal email / site marketing teams
• Drive all email & relevant non-homepage site marketing testing (agenda, measurement, reporting)
• Lead vision & strategy for nascent SMS channel
• Develop segmentation & content strategies based on file and customer insights
• Manage transition to multi-touch weekly contact strategy
• Background in email marketing required; lifecycle, loyalty, and e-commerce experience preferred
• Experience developing complex, data-driven digital segmentation strategies
• Experience with complex multi-step customer journeys
• Must be adept in strategic thinking & analytics
• Ability to glean insights and tell a story from data
• History of creating effective cross-functional partnerships with a wide variety of teams
• Proficiency at working through multiple levels of an organization
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
• 6+ years of marketing or relevant experience
• 3+ experience managing others
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top