Senior Marketing Manager, Gap Online Japan
The Senior Marketing Manager for Gap Japan Online will manage site marketing, email, and promotions for Gap.jp and will be responsible for driving business to meet our goals. Strategic thinking, operational excellence, and innovation are key for ensuring success in this role. This person will report to the Senior Director of Marketing, Gap Online International.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive overall strategy and execution for www.gap.jp marketing, email, and promotions to meet business objectives, deliver innovation, and build the brand.
- Develop seasonal marketing strategies in conjunction with the North America team, to drive and grow Japan business. Develop clear objective and strategies for localized content.
- Collaborate with buying team to ensure that marketing plans support financial forecasts. Drive contingency planning to enable in-season flexibility for changing business conditions.
- Lead team in analytics, data-driven learning/decisions and hind sighting. Develop marketing hind sights to understand performance of all vehicles. Capture key learnings weekly to inform future strategies.
- Partner with Japan brand marketing team to ensure an easy, cross-channel shopping experience. Identify opportunities to encourage multi-channel behavior and create synergies across online and offline marketing vehicles.
- Own presentation of key marketing hind sights and opportunities in weekly Gap Online leadership meetings.
- Lead and inspire all teams involved in Gap Japan Online through sharing business context, financial objectives, and customer and performance insights.
Operations and Processes
- Coordinate the flawless execution of all programs and overall customer experience with Production and Creative partners.
- Develop scalable processes, leveraging best practices from North America team as well as sister-brands to create operational efficiencies.
- Be knowledgeable on all tools and processes across site, email, and promotion in order to provide backup coverage and train new team members.
- Develop testing strategy to optimize all marketing vehicles.
- Understand Japan's customer mind-set, unique market needs, and trends. Identify and prioritize unique Japan marketing opportunities.
- Drive innovation in site, email, and promotions. Look for new ways to drive traffic/ acquire customers.
- Be a pioneer of new functionalities/technologies for the global marketing team.
Leadership and Technical Skills
- Track record of solid strategic thinking. Ability to prioritize larger gap brand initiatives with Japan specific goals.
- Strong analytical thinker. Ability to analyze data, interpret for a broad audience and develop fact-based recommendations to drive marketing decision-making.
- Strong leadership and people management skills. Track record of effectively inspiring business partners, getting work done through others, and managing direct reports.
- Extensive experience in building effective cross functional relationships and navigating the complexities of a large organization.
- Must be adept at dealing with ambiguity and be comfortable pioneering and in working in new, undefined areas.
- Excellent communications skills: ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams.
- Passion for Gap and the retail/fashion industry and a track record of being customer focused.
- Fluent in Japanese (strongly preferred)
- Background in retail/fashion industry, ecommerce preferred.
- 7+ years of marketing or relevant experience.
- 3+ experience managing others.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- Omniture and CRM experience a plus.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top