Senior Manager, Web Content Development - Athleta
We're looking for confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing and service-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields, show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in our ever-changing environment.
This position supports the family of Gap Inc. brands' eCommerce teams by developing, coding, deploying and modifying responsive marketing content to the site. Specific daily duties will include:
- Team manager for marketing site content and development for our Athleta brand.
- Manage brand relationship with brand production, marketing and creative teams.
- Utilizes strong communication skills to inform production teams of status and to resolve conflict where confusion may arise.
- Ownership of advanced WCD development on the site for both marketing and functional specifications.
- Ownership of website performance.
- Create new tools for knowledge sharing, and process improvements within the Web Content Development team.
- Supervision of tech designers including coaching and mentoring.
- Work closely with GapTech (IT) development on challenging technical features.
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs.
- Manage all marketing materials coming in from production and assign out tasks to tech design team.
- Collaborate with Design team to incorporate visual design into functional web pages.
- Own deliverables of tasks making sure his/her team is on target.
- Proactively define and communicate risks with production and upper-management.
- Asset management and code version control.
- 20% of time spent at 1Harrison office, the remainder at 2 Folsom, San Francisco (Up to 50% at 1 Harrison initially)
- Demonstrated ability to establish solid productive relationships leading a team working with other cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability managing, developing and mentoring team members
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and manage conflict
- Fluent in JQuery – other libraries (anchor.js, slick, etc helpful)
- Fluent in CSS to include CSS positioning and table-less layouts
- Proficient in Web production tools (FTP, Telnet, and Text Editors)
- Proficient in OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) techniques
- Experience with various Version Control Software (CVS, Subversion, VSS)
- Proficient with cross-platform and browser compatibility issues.
- Technically proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with SEO and accessibility compliancy
- 2 years of college or equivalent experience
- 5 years (minimum) web site production and programming experience.
- 3 years E-commerce site development.
- 3 years experience leading development teams.
- Marketing and design background preferred.
- User Interface design background a plus.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top