Senior Manager - Third Party & Licensing
About the role
The 3rd Party and Licensing team is an exciting part of the sourcing organization within Gap Inc. We manage the products bought from a third party or licensed vendors as well as private label partnerships. We touch many product categories including, but not limited to: licensed apparel, beauty, shoes, jewelry and home. Our team provides end to end support - negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking and complete production management. Due to the wide variety of vendors and product we manage, the problem-solving nature of our role, we get to work with every function of the company, from finance to legal to logistics, product testing to packaging and marketing.
The Senior Manager of 3PL will support the Old Navy brand by working closely with merchandising team, vendors and lead a team to drive innovation and launch new product categories to support the brand's long range plans. We're looking for a business oriented leader that drives for results, has merchandising experience, with a strategic sourcing and production background, and embraces analytics for decision making.
What you'll do
- Develop sourcing strategies in support of long range plans for Old Navy and Licensing & Third Party
- Provide key insights by leveraging analysis and experience to identify and prioritize new sourcing opportunities and supplier partner relationship structures
- Leverage technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach
- Regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices for category strategies
- Build effective strategic relationships across varied functions with internal stakeholders across Gap Inc., external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to develop supporting strategies.
- Identify speed to market opportunities. Created and implement responsive calendars to fuel business growth
- Partner with Hong Kong strategy team to move initiatives and project forward as needed
- Lead, develop, and support immediate team members. Actively participate in development conversations
- Minimum 8+ years of professional experience in merchandising, product development, production, sourcing or consulting roles
- Experience in driving global product development and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
- Can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction
- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
- Demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- Experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams
- Bachelor's degree
- Versatile business leader adaptable in multiple categories of business
- Deep experience negotiating with vendors and external business partners
- A passion for personal care and beauty a plus!
Back to top