Senior Manager, Tax Accounting, Gap Inc.
The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting will support all activities related to income tax accounting, reporting, controls and forecasting. The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting will be primarily responsible for managing the preparation and review of interim and annual global income tax provisions under ASC 740, as well as the preparation and review of all tax accounting internal and external reporting deliverables.
- Learning Agility
- Innovation Cultivator
- Drives Results
The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting will report to the Director, Tax Accounting and will be a part of the Global Tax Accounting and Compliance team.
- Proactively analyze and communicate the tax accounting impacts of business transactions, changes in business results, tax projects and legislative changes
- Assist with the analysis, documentation and implementation of special tax projects
- Identify and implement process improvements in the tax accounting, reporting, controls and forecasting areas
- Analyze information and prepare scenario-based modeling for forecasting of the effective tax rate and cash income taxes
- Perform technical analysis, calculations and documentation related to valuation allowances, uncertain tax positions, foreign remitted and unremitted earnings and tax accounting impacts of business transactions
- Maintain and review Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation for tax accounting and reporting
- Partner with Tax Compliance team to deliver tax calculations supporting the federal tax return, assist with review of state income tax returns, and prepare return-to-provision comparisons.
- Partner with various teams within the organization to meet needs of the business including FP&A, Corporate Controller's Group, and Treasury.
- Partner with internal audit team and external audit firm to deliver high quality documentation and workpapers supporting the global income tax provision
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, with CPA and Master's degree preferred
- 8 plus years of tax experience in public accounting and/or a multinational corporate tax department
- Advanced technical tax provision skills with ability to research, analyze and document tax accounting positions
- Advanced analytical skills with ability to synthesize and analyze data to identify and escalate issues and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to message effectively to senior management and non-tax professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate, develop relationships and partner effectively across the organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and high level of attention to detail
- Superior skill level with Microsoft Excel and tax provision software, with experience with Hyperion Tax Provision preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top