Senior Manager, Talent Management - Global Supply Chain
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
At Gap we believe that talent is our competitive advantage. As such, we strive to unleash the potential of individuals and teams to unlock performance. We operate with a growth mindset, the belief that everyone can continuously learn and grow.
The Sr. Manager of Talent Management will support the Sr. Director in driving organizational and talent strategies that build leadership and product capabilities, enabling business results. In collaboration with the Gap Inc. Talent team and HR business leaders, this leader will design and implement core processes to drive long-term performance, including talent planning, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning.
- Design, develop, implement, and improve programs, tools, and resources to support growth and development of employees and progression of high potentials and identified successors
- Talent assessment: using the Gap Inc. leadership assessment tools, defines critical gaps, and develops integrated talent strategies to close the gaps, including working with HRBPs and L&D on internal development opportunities
- In partnership with Sr. Director, Global Talent Management and HR business partners drive successful talent review processes and ensure that robust succession plans are in place
- Support the development of high potential employees at senior and mid-career levels, ensuring an enhanced pipeline of high performing professional talent
- Work with an enterprise-wide cross functional team on development of an early career rotational program
- Monitor the development of key talent by ensuring that development plans are in place and progressing.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to drive internal movement and ensure key talent is considered for critical positions
- Maintain strong relations with the business leaders to ensure that talent management processes and practices are in alignment with the organization
- Monitor external trends on talent and develop leading edge capabilities to develop and retain the best talent
- Work with HR Analytics team to determine appropriate talent metrics
- Partner with the HR Business Leaders to support Gap's performance management process for their client groups
- Support Employee Opinion survey administration, communication, and action planning; leverage survey results and analytics to support organizational engagement and development
- Scope projects, including number and level of resources, duration, and cost.
- Build credibility as a trusted advisor and strong partners with GSC leaders and HRBLs
- Manage stakeholder relationships across GSC to align with the purpose and objectives of all strategies, plans, and initiatives of each business.
- Demonstrate project management - communicate, inform and consult with HR partners and business leaders throughout key projects and initiatives
- Leverage change management methodology to gain and sustain adoption and support for new initiatives/programs
- 6+ years of Talent Management experience and or Human Resource management (management consulting experience a plus)
- Strategic Agility: effectively aligns responsibilities and deliverables to business objectives and the goals of the organization we support. Creates global learning and development strategies to produce desired business results.
- Communication: conveys information and ideas accurately, concisely, and in a simplified way. Develops and articulates compelling business cases. Seeks feedback and input from others. Strong influence and compelling presentation capability
- Decision Making: Excellent decision making abilities and ability to integrate information and utilize independent, sound judgment. Thinks through all aspects of a problem clearly and logically with a focus on solutions.
- Technical and Business Expertise: understands our organization and customers. Able to apply expertise to make thoughtful recommendations and improve results. Demonstrated analytical skills and an ability to make the complex simple
- Innovation: continually seeks new opportunities to apply different approaches to training and generates new ideas. Leverages unique talents of the team and viewpoints of others. Able to succeed in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively across boundaries to design solutions to business issue. Builds strong relationships with stakeholders and leverages insights to guide critical business decisions
- Computer proficiency in MS Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience working with LMS software preferred.
- +/- 25% Travel required
- Bachelor degree required, Advanced degree (particularly in OD or I/O Psychology) helpful
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top