Senior Manager - Talent Management
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Senior Manager, Talent Management (TM) Corporate Functions is responsible for the oversite and leadership of the talent strategy and activities for their respective client group including; talent planning, learning & leadership development, performance management and embedding the enterprise D&I strategy. The Talent Management leader will be accountable for ongoing needs assessment for their client group and working to ensure leaders are supported in building sustainable talent pipelines and the employee groups are continuously building capability. They partner within the Talent function and partner directly with their HR business partner, business leader and cross-functional learning teams to deliver core and hi-po selective programs as well as customized talent solutions.
- Individual contributor role and matrix leader that supports talent management for his or her respective client group(s)
- Reports directly to Sr. Director, Talent Management Corporate Functions and Diversity & Inclusion
- Collaborates in a complex matrix environment, driving talent solutions across multiple business segments with competing priorities
- Builds strong partnership with Leadership team and operates as a trusted advisor to his or her respective business and HR partner
- Partners across the TM and Enterprise Learning team to ensure strategies are aligned and talent practices are consistent where appropriate
- Participates as a co-creator on Corporate Functions Talent Management solutions
- Drive needs assessment strategy for client group
- Build and drive talent strategy/goals in partnership with HR and business partner to accelerate talent capabilities
- Identify, design, execute and measure L&D activities (could include instructor led, blended, coaching and distant learning offerings)
- Support talent exchanges and customize offerings based on outputs
- Pre-inform and market enterprise L&D offerings; strategically map employees based on talent strategy and outputs of talent exchange
- Partner with the Ex Dev team to socialize and ensure Leadership Model and GPS activities are adopted
- Serve as TM for TM and support select Heat Experiences (e.g., TM rotations) to accelerate next-level readiness of TM function
- Serve as Talent Management Partner to Diversity Director to drive BRG leadership selection processes, in-role development and succession planning
- Partner with Diversity Director to collaborate and drive Women & Opportunity work related to our talent practices and policies that sit within HR/TM
- Design and drive "Stay Interview" process with HR to engage with "flight risk" employees, identify themes and minimize turnover
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Continually bring new and innovative thinking to the Talent Management community; challenge status quo and traditional method of execution
- Can lead in a global, fast-paced, and matrixed organization
- Demonstrated capability and understanding of Talent Management and/or Learning & Development expertise
- Has showcased strong evidence of professional maturity (e.g., proven ability to use appropriate judgement and discernment when dealing with confidential and sensitive information and understands the intended and unintended consequences of how such information is shared)
- Strong track record of project mgmt. and program ownership, driving measurable results from inception through completion, measurement, and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to study, analyze and understand business problems and generate solutions
- Has created and successfully led talent strategies, and/or programs and projects
- Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders
- Can position themselves as a trusted advisor to leaders, peers and cross-functional team players
- Comfortable and confident dealing with ambiguity and leading others through change
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top