Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing, Distribution Fulfilment Centers and Facilities, Gap Inc.
The Sr. Manager of Distribution Fulfilment Centers and Facility Management leads a team of Category Managers who will manage and own the planning, implementation, and execution of category strategy for all Distribution Fulfilment centers to include; Material Handling Equipment, 3rd Party Distribution, E-commerce, Supplies, and Facilities Management initiatives in stores, distribution centers and corporate facilities. The Sr. Manager will collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders across varying levels, from peers to executive leadership while building strong and strategic relationships. The Sr. Manager may also own categories and lead projects at any point during their lifecycle from developing strategy, crafting a plan to implement to executing agreements. The Sr. Manger will be responsible for driving global synergies while leading a team, and is accountable for +$350MM category spend.
- Customer Impact
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Strategic Orientation
- Drive Results
- Talent Builder
- This role will have 3 direct reports as well as manage specific categories.
- Part of DFS team. Works closely across GSC, Brands Ops and Store Development.
- The complexity will be in maintaining and strengthening BP and Supplier relationships; driving global synergies, while also managing new developing categories.
- This role will report value up to senior leadership within Strategic Sourcing, GSC and Store Development. It will also collaborate across brands and the different business units (GSC, Engineering, Brand Ops, Store Development, and their respective finance teams, etc.).
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in support of long range plans / strategies for Global Supply Chain, Store Development, and Brands.
- Provide key insights by leveraging analysis and experience to identify and prioritize new sourcing opportunities and supplier partner relationships.
- Leverage technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach. Regularly leverages industry experts, market intelligence, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices for category strategies.
- Build effective strategic relationships and successfully partners across varied functions with internal stakeholders across Gap Inc., external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change.
- Setting vision and goals, while holding team accountable to the Strategic Sourcing methodology.
- Responsible for enhancing business partner relationships, demonstrating Strategic Sourcing pillars while also leading categories (Business Partner Engagement, Sourcing Capabilities, Market Intelligence & Talent).
- Develop leadership, sourcing capability and category expertise for the team. Supports team in the development of strategies, implementation and change management.
- Leads and conducts complex competitive negotiation processes.
- Global Strategic Sourcing experience in driving global category strategies and developing sourcing strategies and vendor/category management
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges
- Global Business Acumen- incorporating category knowledge of Distribution, E-commerce, and facility management
- Team Leadership- has successfully led a team
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial
- Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, change management and collaboration
- Change Leadership- experience leading without authority to influence others and drive decision-making and results
- Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top