Senior Manager, Sourcing Strategy
The position will be accountable and responsible smooth execution of production activities. S/he will be accountable for vendor delivery performance (SOT and AD sample) and will drive production efficiency at vendor and facility level. S/he will provide onsite feedback to management on vendor performance & assisting the category leadership to refine the vendor strategy. S/he will be responsible for keeping up to date on market intelligence as well as develop and onboard new vendors in the geography. S/he is also responsible for operationalization of system/processes in vendor base for appropriate tracking & reporting to ensure activities are happening in accordance with the T&A calendar. As country lead, incumbent will also provide day to day people leadership across all functions and categories in the given location and responsible for Vendor Development (VD) function.
- Responsible for OTD and AD sample performance for the region ensuring performance is >95%
- Holds vendors accountable to performance and sustainability agreements and determines when course corrections are necessary and aligns with Category Lead on final decision.
- Escalation and comms to Global sourcing leaders - specifically around unforeseen circumstances and their impact. Owns follow ups and close monitoring of vendors.
- Lead VD teams on ground
- New vendor onboarding
- Consistent deployment and operationalization of tools and projects - Eg capacity planning , WIP, PCL ,SMS , in-season project roll out
Market Intelligence & Industry/Govt. relationships:
- Gather on the ground market intelligence - new investments/new vendors coming in region, retailers expansion plan and any new updates
- Responsible for country and regional situational updates and issue management especially those relating to political and economic subject matter.
- Develop local and in country foreign government relationships
Vendor Development Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with vendors to address and drive continuous improvement in production manufacturing process to enhance efficiency and leverage costing advantages
- Drive lean and IE initiatives in region and ensure their successful implementation
- Lead benchmarking activities as it relates to manufacturing excellence in region
- Oversee day to day administrative affairs
- Manage the occupational health & safety agenda for office
- Leads performance management from goal setting and development planning, through mid- and year-end performance reviews. Helps prioritize workload. Acts as a role model for employing technical and soft skills for the vendor development function
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction.
- Production and Manufacturing Experience : Has expert knowledge in factory management and factory development
- Team Leadership- has successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships)
- Problem Solver can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Change Leadership - experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
- Business Performance Improvement - proven track record of improvement based on fact-based analysis or benchmarking
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top